Conference of the European Sociological Association (ESA) 2017
Topic: (Un)Making Europe: Capitalism, Solidarities, Subjectivities
At the 13th conference of the European Sociological Association (ESA) in Athens (29 August - 1 September 2017), researchers of the BiB will present their latest research results.
The BiB will contribute to the conference with the following presentations:
- Lecture by Dr. Jasmin Passet-Wittig, Dr. Detlev Lück (BiB): Unpursued desires to have children and hazarding unwanted pregnancies – How to explain inconsistent generative behaviour?
- Lecture by Ralina Panova (BiB), Dr. Isabella Buber-Ennser (ÖAW): Large Families in Europe: What are the mechanisms behind the birth of a 3rd+ child in nine European countries?
- Lecture by Dr. Heiko Rüger (BiB), Dr. Gil Viry (The University of Edinburgh): Work-related spatial mobility over the life course and fertility: a comparison between four European countries
- Lecture by Dr. Simon Pfaff, Dr. Heiko Rüger (BiB): Explaining gender differences in willingness to commute long distances: A test of the household responsibility hypothesis
- Lecture by Dr. Andreas Mergenthaler, Dr. Volker Cihlar (BiB): Paid work after retirement and marital quality: Are there differences between men and women?
- Lecture by Frank Micheel (BiB): The influence of intentional on actual volunteering among older people in Germany. Results from a two-wave-study