Ismo Söderling (2001)
The Finnish Attitudes towards Immigration and Immigrants – Surveys in the Finnish Migration Research Context*
In: Zeitschrift für Bevölkerungswissenschaft, Vol. 26, 3-4/2001, p. 399-411, Opladen: Verlag Leske + Budrich, ISSN: 0340-2398
This contribution is divided into the following sections:
- First, the migration trends in Finland are shortly presented. The time span to be studied is approximately 1945 – 2000.
- According to the above paragraph, the research done in Finland will be studied. The temporal connection between research and migration will be shortly investigated.
- The surveys on ‘attitudes towards immigration and immigrants’ will be studied. According to the previous paragraphs, the role of attitude-surveys will also be under discussion.
- The future of the surveys-based migration research in Finland and especially in the Population Research Institute is discussed.
* Original title: Die finnischen Einstellungen gegenüber der Zuwanderung und den Migranten – Erhebungen im Kontext der finnischen Migrationsforschung (full text in German only)